Custom Trip Consultation & Design Services
Mar 15 - Jun 15
Jun 15 - Sep 15
Sep 15 - Dec 15
Dec 15 - Mar 15
All levels - choose your route difficulty each day!
From bikepacking and carrying your own tent to hotels & ryokans.
Anywhere in Japan!
See pricing below for each option
LONG-HAUL SELF-GUIDED & BIKEPACKING TOURS
For some it is all about the long journey, the spontaneous encounters, and the uncertainty of what the next day might bring. While our main focus is our Guided, Self-Guided, and Bespoke Tour packages, we understand that this does not fit every type of cycling journey in Japan.
That is why we offer a few different services for those looking to get expert advice, recommendations, and route design. A service for those looking to largely lead their own long-haul self-guided tour or bikepacking adventure across Japan.
There are plenty of great resources out there (and on our blog!) for those looking to do it 100% on their own. But, for those who want to maximize their time on beautiful scenic car free roads & cycling paths, time their ride with the best weather / fall foliage / or spring blossoms, and who want pass through unique off the beaten path places we would love to help you design your dream tour!
Traveling by bike means something different to every rider. For some, it’s about grinding up the steepest roads and pushing the limits. For others, it’s a mode of travel that allows you to stop and enjoy the scenery. It’s a vehicle to enjoy local cuisine, tea, coffee, or sake, at every possible moment.
We have spent years on the bike, exploring all the best places to ride in Central Japan to bring you these must-do routes for every level. Ride on roads rarely visited by cars, explore unforgettable landscapes, and experience incredible scenery around every switchback.
Our goal is to create the best route possible for your tour and make a one of a kind cycling holiday perfect for you or your group!
Custom Trip Design
Wether it is riding the whole of Japan north to south, through the highest mountain passes, flat cruising, all day coasts, or anything in between we provide route design services for those looking to optimize their time spent cycling in Japan.
- We will sit down on a call to discuss your style of riding, daily distances/elevation goals, must see sights, etc
- We will return a proposed itinerary with number of days, rough distance/elevations for each day.
- You can request any adjustments such as more days in a location, less distance/more, etc and we will adjust.
- We finalize the itinerary and send over the total route information, itinerary, route files, hotel recommendations.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Custom route file/files for your trip
- Hotel recommendations as requested
- Major must see sights or food stops
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Bicycle rental or GPS cycling computer
- SAG support or luggage transport
- Guide or on call support team
- A highly detailed itinerary beyond the route and major sites/stops.
(please see our main Self-Guided Tours Page for these services)
We are happy to build custom packages for any tours over 1 weeks (7 days) long. Also, please note that the longer your tour the cheaper the per day price is.
We do not offer bike rentals with this product. We only provide bike rental services through our main Self-Guided Tours and our Guided and Bespoke Tours.
No problem! Our goal is to simply provide you with the best route & tools to navigate this journey. Once you set out you can plan to stay as long or short in each place as you like.
We will provide the transit information to get to and from your start and end point as well as any info for planned transfers between locations such as trains between two regions. This does not include transit info for days one might choose not to follow the route and instead take a train or bus to their next stop.
1 Weeks - $2,000 USD
2 Weeks - $2,400 USD
3 Weeks - $2,750 USD
4 Weeks - $3,100 USD
5 Weeks - $3,450 USD
Each Day Beyond 5 Weeks - $52 USD
Custom Trip Design Contact
Trip & Route Consultation
This option is best for those looking to go it on their own and have me review their route, make edits, suggestions, or even just brainstorm with. The goal is to take your ideas and better shape them into the best possible trip for you/your group.
- After contacting and confirming your interest in the consultation I will ask you to send over your current ideas, information, areas of interest, and any other details you think are important about you/your group for me to know. Dietary preferences, scenery preference, hotel/ryokan preferences, distance/elevation goals for the trip, etc.
- We will schedule a time to call and I will review your materials beforehand to be ready to discuss your trip with you in detail, iron out any kinks, and make suggestions and recommendations based on your requests and itinerary.This includes details as small as restaurant or hot spring locations to stop at along the way, up to hotels and specifics of routing one way over another.
We will be sure to go through your complete itinerary and optimize it for those things that matter most to you/your group.
- After the call, I will follow up with an email including any information, websites, or materials discussed in the call for your future reference.
Please see the below pricing for trip & route consultation.
*Any materials or routes we build during that time together will be shared with you right after the call. So if you want to sit down and review something together that is also an option please send it to me in advance of the call so we can best use our time!
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- A focused consultation and all materials discussed within.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Any services outside of the consultation.
- Route design beyond what we do during the consultation.
- Hotel or other recommendations beyond what we do during the consultation
Please consider the route design or tour package options if you would like these services.
Yes! This is a perfect use of this service and in an hour we can get a lot done on route design and adjustment.
Yes, yes, and yes! All of this is possible through consultation.
Yes, we can help not only provide resources such as phone apps and language tools to help communicate with locals, but also create custom dietary cards or other materials that will help if you have dietary restrictions/allergies.
$500 USD / hour
minimum 2 hours