Nov 3-10, 2019
North Alps, Mt Akagi, Mt Haruna, Gunma and Tochigi Prefectures
Traditional Ryokan Hotel (Single Base Location)
$4,500 USD +($1000 USD Single Supplement)
Unforgettable Cycling Through Japan’s countryside
This tour is specifically designed to show off the best road cycling routes in Japan’s North Alps from one central location. Unpack your bags and set off on a week of adventures covering the amazing hills, mountains, lakes, and shrines of this region… all while building excellent base miles and conquering spectacular climbs! Climb to the top of ancient volcanoes, ride around hidden lakes, and pace through valleys on undiscovered roads with riders from across the world.
Ride with Lori Nedescu, MS RDN CSSD
For avid cyclists or triathletes, this is an experience that you won’t want to miss! Ride with the extraordinary Lori Nedescu, Registered Dietician, Pro Rider, Team Director, and Founder of Hungry For Results. Get first-hand insight into her journey of professional cycling, nutrition, and entrepreneurship. This is a special opportunity to share intimate knowledge and create amazing memories while discovering one of the world’s most charming cycling destinations. Connect with Lori while immersing yourself in traditional Japanese culture and challenging yourself on the training grounds of Japan’s Olympic hopefuls.
Your BTJ road crew will be here to help you navigate the traditional Japanese ryokan experience: traditional accommodations, incredible hospitality, freshly-prepared meals, and hot spring onsens. We can’t wait to share a week full of unbelievable cycling adventures with you this fall!
Trip at a Glance
- Ride up and down infamous volcanoes in Japan’s North Alps, known for its challenging and inspiring road cycling routes.
- Spend time with BTJ’s expert road crew, cyclists from around the world, and the amazing Lori Nedescu!
- Enjoy amazing Japanese meals (with gluten-free and vegetarian options).
- Stretch your legs at an outdoor yoga session or relax on an evening stroll.
- Soak in a traditional Japanese onsen – natural hot springs powered by surrounding volcanoes.
- Learn about traditional sushi-making with a local legend while connecting with our go-to sushi professionals in Gunma, Japan.